Here is a detailed list of all (or most) of the tools I use for web development and audio engineering. Information on this page may update frequently.
Editor + Terminal
- Sublime Text is my text editor of choice for code. I use the Material theme with Emmit for HTML & CSS workflow, PHP Companion for helpful tools like “Goto Definition”, and SFTP for file transfer.
- I use Termius for my terminal and SSH client. It works on Mac, Windows and mobile.
- My build process differs project to project, but it usually involves Grunt, Gulp or WebPack for CSS & JS linting/compiling/concatenating.
- Chrome is my main browser for development (because dev tools). Firefox is my browser of choice for most personal use.
- FileZilla: The free FTP solution for both client and server.
- Local WP: A dead-simple local environment for WordPress sites.
- Slack: All your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.
- Simplenote: my go-to app for all digital note taking. It’s straightforward and cross platform.
- Todoist: where I store all my brain dump data.
- Reaper is my DAW of choice. It has a bit of a learning curve but I love it.
- I use the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface for all studio recording.
- The Mackie CR4s are my mixing/reference monitors.
- I use a set of Tascam TH-200X studio headphones for tracking/mixing.
- I occasionally use my ART MP Tube Preamp for vocals.
- The Tascam DR-05 lives in my commuter bag for field recording.